Top Data Science Certifications To Boost Your Career
Data science is significant to businesses for many reasons. Every business and industry needs a data scientist to extract data and develop processes and prediction models. It will not be wrong to say that data scientists are superheroes whose demands continue to grow. Data scientists are now indispensable because they have high-paying jobs at some top companies so the Data Science Certification plays a significant role. A data science and analytics course is a great way to demonstrate your proficiency in the field and show potential employers and recruiters that you have the specialized knowledge they’re looking for.
Table of Contents
This article will explain some of the best data science certifications to set yourself apart from the competition. Firstly, let us see what a data scientist is and how to become one, and then choose the best certification along with insights on how long it takes to become one.
How to choose the best Data Science certification?
Cost, content, course length, and other aspects should be considered when selecting predictive analysis degree. Focus on degree plans that include extensive career counseling and preparation for hiring after graduation. Let’s say you’re the learner who benefits most from one-on-one guidance. Find a course from all the available data science and analytics courses that will put you in touch with a mentor who will help you with any technical questions and speed up your learning curve. So, all in all, to help you choose the proper certification, follow these guidelines:
- Read student and alums’ reviews.
- Compare different certifications and their syllabus to understand the topics better.
- Compare the various batch sizes in ratio to the instructor.
- Which course offers technical support, and what is the cost of the online certification?
- Lastly, how long does it take to become a data scientist?
What is the role of a Data Scientist?
- Data science aids firms in tracking, managing, and collecting data on key performance indicators for making more informed business decisions.
- Data scientists must often interact with massive volumes of data to assess consumer and market patterns, financial hazards, cybersecurity concerns, stock transactions, equipment maintenance requirements, and medical issues so choose your data science certification based on this.
- Data scientists often sift through large amounts of information to find trends that may be used to anticipate consumer behavior, uncover untapped income streams, spot fraudulent transactions, and otherwise advance an organization’s goals.
- They also provide essential analytical work for businesses as diverse as healthcare providers, universities, government agencies, and professional sports teams.
Top 5 Data Science Certifications in 2023
These are the top-rated courses to study data science and analytics in 2023. Due to the flexibility of most of the classes, completion could take anywhere from six to nine months.
1. Harvard Professional Data Science Certification (edX)
This is an introductory certification course hosted by edX. Professionals can learn primary programming languages like R. Some other topics covered in the course include probability, inference, modeling, their practical applications, and other core statistical concepts.
The skills and knowledge you gain from the HarvardX Data Science curriculum will equip you to solve real-world data analysis problems. The best part about this course is that professionals can take advantage of the self-paced learning and complete the program in just a few weeks.
2. IBM Data Science Professional Certificate (Coursera)
Under this professional certificate, 10 courses are included. Python and AI, tools, data science methodology, machine learning, data visualization, etc. The coursework for this professional certificate is heavily weighted toward practical experience. Courses on IBM Cloud feature laboratories where students may get experience using the tools they need in the workplace.
3. Data Science Course In NYC (Simplilearn)
Offered in collaboration with IBM data science certification, you can launch your career in New York City by learning from the best instructors and industry-led teachers for an immersive experience. Throughout the boot camp, the syllabus will cover tableau training, Python, machine learning, and data science capstone projects. Those who want to pursue a career and already possess an analytical approach and a foundational degree in a relevant subject are the best candidates for our data science program in New York City.
4. Professional Data Engineer (Google)
This course is ideal for candidates with more than 3 years of experience in data processing and tools. The certificate also tests your data science knowledge in developing and implementing systems with an eye on security, compliance, scalability, accuracy, and portability. Your skill in using machine learning will also be evaluated.
5. Azure Data Scientist Associate: Microsoft Certified
Candidates for this certification should have experience deploying and managing machine learning workloads on Azure and a thorough understanding of data and machine learning fundamentals. Additionally, candidates for this certification should be familiar with Azure Machine Learning and MLflow and have relevant expertise in the field of data science.
Salary Structure of Data Scientists
According to Glassdoor, a senior data scientist’s salary in the United States is $1,65,696 annually. Some top-paying companies are Meta, Twitter, Wish, Google, eBay, etc. So, depending on the industry, company, and location, the salary of a senior or lead data scientist will vary. For example, a senior data scientist in the IT sector will earn up to $1,732,86 annually.
This was about the top 5 data science certifications in 2023 to boost your career. The need for skilled programmers in data science using Python has skyrocketed, making these courses perfect for programmers of all skill levels. So, whether you’re an entry-level data scientist trying to further your career or a seasoned data team leader, you can find a certification that fits your needs.
Companies worldwide are actively seeking out and recruiting data scientists. Obtaining the most relevant data science certification for your expertise and desired data science profession may be a great way to boost your CV and show your remarkable skills to prospective employers.
Adhar Dhaval is experienced portfolio, program and project leader with demonstrated leadership in all phases of sales and service delivery of diverse technology solutions. He is a speaker sharing advice and industry perspective on emerging best practices in project leadership, program management, leadership and strategy. He is working for the Chair Leadership Co.