Waverley Borough Council
Our vision is that Waverley will be environmentally, economically, and financially sustainable with healthy, inclusive communities and housing available for all who need it.
We will promote:-
- open, democratic, and participative governance
- the value and worth of all residents, with occasions for all, regardless of race, age, disability, religion, gender or sexual orientation, income, or wealth
- high-quality public services accessible for all
- a financially sound Waverley, with infrastructure and resilient services fit for the future
- a strong, resilient local economy, supporting local businesses and employment
- housing to buy and to rent, for those at all income levels
- effective strategic planning and development management which supports the planning and infrastructure wants of local communities
- a sense of responsibility by all for our environment, promoting biodiversity, championing the green economy, and protecting our planet
- the health and wellbeing of our communities.
Our strategic priorities:
- Local, open, participative government
- Supporting a strong, resilient local economy
- Taking action on Climate Emergency and protecting the environment
- Good quality housing for all income levels and age groups
- Effective strategic planning and development management to meet the needs of our communities
- Improving the health and wellbeing of our residents and communities
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion
We are passionate about ensuring all who live and work in Waverley have equal life chances. We are committed to delivering services in a fair and equal way irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
Our objectives are to:
- ensure fair and equal access to all the services we deliver
- understand our communities and to strive to achieve equal life chances for all
- positively promote equality through our actions and communications
- work with our partners to develop cohesive communities
- work towards the elimination of all forms of discrimination and harassment
- achieve a balanced workforce that reflects the diversity of the community we serve.