University of the Highlands and Islands
We supply access to university education through a distinctive educational partnership of colleges and research institutions (the UHI academic partners). Every academic partner has its own character and contributes to the distinctive organisation that is the University of the Highlands and Islands. Some are comparatively wide colleges in the urban centres of the area such as Perth, Elgin and Inverness. Others are smaller institutions, containing some whose primary concentrate is research. All, however, have a student-centred culture and an individual approach to student learning. For students living in the area, UHI ensures local access to learning and research relevant to their wants and to those of local employers.
For students from beyond the region, UHI offers:
*Option of campus locations in urban, countryside and island communities
* Distinctive courses and topic fields reflecting the characteristics of the area and with relevance all over the world
* Extensive use of knowledge technology, containing on-line materials and video conferencing
* Little class sizes with a contentrates wants of the individual learner
* Welcoming communities, rich in culture and located in an field of outstanding natural beauty
* Growing diversity of programmes gainable by on-line distance learning.