We are proud to be an internationally recognized and award-winning institution with a heritage of quality education going back more than 100 years. We appear in the Times Higher Education World University rankings, ranked as one of the top 300 universities in the world under 50 years old in the Young University rankings. We were extremely proud to come eighth in the UK in the People and Planet University Green League and also to celebrate an Eco Campus Platinum award. At Bedfordshire, we have a vibrant and cosmopolitan student population that involves more than 25,000 students from over 100 countries. We are a modern university that believes in nurturing our students to become educated, employable and entrepreneurial global citizens. We lead the way in expanding educational occasions; with more than 40% of our students coming from families with no history of participation in higher education. Around 70% are mature returners to education and over half are from Black or ethnic minority backgrounds, under-represented in higher education.
Studying at the University of Bedfordshire
We have two essential campuses in Luton and Bedford, with a diversity health teaching provision in Aylesbury at the world-renowned Stoke Mandeville Hospital. We are also active in Milton Keynes, London and Birmingham, as well as globally, with a growing portfolio of international partnerships as far a field as Egypt, Vietnam, Oman, and Mauritius. We assist our students in all aspects of their life and encourage through the excellent services we supply:
- Superb, modern facilities across all our subject fields
- Study abilities development
- Career and occupation-seeking guidance
- Volunteer and work experience
- Health and wellbeing services
- Modern accommodation
- Personal tutors
- International education partners with occasions to study overseas
- Commended by the QAA for the high quality and standards of our higher education provision (QAA 2015)
- Top 300 University under 50 years old (2021)
- One of 21 Business Schools awarded the Bronze Award for start-up and business growth recommendation (Small Business Charter)
- 8th in the country in the University Green League (People and Planet 2019)
- Eco Campus Platinum award (2020)
- Continued investment in facilities for our students. Most importantly we opened a £40m STEM building at our Luton campus in 2019.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.