The Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management (IWFM)
The Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management (IWFM) is the professional body for workplace and facilities practitioners. We exist to promote excellence among a worldwide community of over 17,000 and to demonstrate the value and contribution of workplace and facilities management more widely. We empower professionals to upskill and reach their potential for a rewarding, impactful career. We do this by advancing professional standards, offering guidance and training, developing new insights and sharing best practice. It is our vision to see workplace and facilities management as a distinct profession – recognised beyond the built environment for its skill to enable people to transform organisations and their performance. The IWFM was founded in 2018. It builds on the proud heritage of 25 years of the British Institute of Facilities Management.
What we do
We initiate meaningful alter and empower our members to influence the profession’s future. We also underpin the professional standards for the workplace and facilities management profession.
Why choose a Facilities Management qualification with IWFM?
All qualifications awarded by IWFM :
- come in 3 different sizes Award, Certificate and Diploma level, so you can choose the one that suits your training requirements and schedule.
- are made up of mandatory and optional units, offering you flexibility and a large choice.
- can be completed at the right level for you and your organisation – no need to work up through all levels.
- can be customized by you and your organisation to suit your business necessaries
- are work related, so that they add value to your business.
- cover real need-to-know facilities management knowledge and skills, and the learning outcomes and assessment criteria are clear.
- are delivered through the IWFM recognised centres in several ways of learning: face-to-face, evening class, distance learning, online learning.
- can be completed within 2 years, but you have the flexibility to fast track it.
- are aligned with IWFM membership grades so you can enter into the appropriate member grade and gain extra recognition in the job market.