Surrey Adult Learning
Surrey Adult Learning provides inclusive occasions to promote learning, health, and wellbeing. We inspire people to achieve their potential. With seven dedicated adult learning centers in North and South West Surrey, plus nearly a hundred community venues and an enlarged online program, we can meet the needs of learners in and around Surrey. There are hundreds of courses to choose from and there is something to suit everyone, of all ages and abilities. Whether you’re a beginner, want to improve your abilities, obtain a long-desired qualification or just fancy trying a new hobby, we’ve got the course for you. We provide courses, workshops, and lectures across all aspects of life, work, and leisure. Courses are available daytime, evening, and weekends for most of the year during term times and are a mixture of online delivery and face-to-face courses. We also manage a range of free or subsidized targeted community learning programs.
- Family Learning meets the wants of disadvantaged families
- Community Outreach working to engage those on low incomes and with low abilities
- Supported Learning meeting the needs of adults with learning disabilities
- Passport to Wellbeing supporting adults recovering from mental health issues.
- Henrietta Parker Trust provides IT, sewing, and cookery courses.
The Service was reviewed by Ofsted in May 2016, in the form of a short inspection. The Ofsted judgment was that the Service remains ‘Good’, that Surrey Adult Learning offers a large variety of quality educational experiences and that Safeguarding is ‘Good’. It also noted that Surrey County Council (SCC) has good oversight of the provision and ensures appropriate support and challenge to all proposed initiatives.