South and City College Birmingham is a vocational college that offers students part-time, the entire time, and Apprenticeship courses from level 1 to higher education in a diversity of issues. We are committed to ensuring students have the relevant abilities, qualifications, and experience required for their future, whether that is to seek employment or continue their education at college or university. We have exceptional facilities which we maintain to invest in, involving a goal-built construction centre, hair and beauty salons that are open to the public, a fine dining restaurant manage by students, music and sound recording rooms, an industry-standard auditorium and much more. The college is actively included in the community, with local businesses and has excellent links with industry; this not only allows us to supply excellent occasions for our students to obtain work experience placements, apprenticeships, and occupation occasions but for the college to help employers provide they have the skilled labor force needed for the future.
Mission, Vision & Values
South & City College Birmingham is an exempt charity under the terms of the Charities Act 2006. In return, the college has a commitment to deliver an important, measurable, public benefit to its local community. In considering its vision, mission, and values, South & City College Birmingham has had due regard to the Charity Commission’s guidance on the report of this public benefit.
To supply outstanding education and training which is primarily vocational, in response to the wants of learners and employers
To maintain to develop and be recognized as an outstanding educational and economic resource by learners, staff, employers and the larger community
- believes that its learners are the most significant members of the College and that it is the responsibility of all College staff to help them achieve their entire potential
- Is proud of the diversity of its college community and strives to be a socially inclusive organization that recognizes, values, and celebrates individual differences, where everyone is enabled to succeed their full potential
- is opposed to all forms of violent, abusive, and discriminatory behavior
- is proud of the fact that it is an inclusive, learning organization and believes that all of its members are entitled to be treated fairly, with dignity, and respect. Furthermore, they are entitled to work and study in a welcoming, safe and supportive environment
- values its staff and governors, will help them develop their skills and expertise, and will do its utmost to supply a good working environment
- welcomes all who would benefit from the occasions to study at, or be trained by, the College, irrespective of their backgrounds
- believes in the local economy and wants to assist local people and businesses
The college creates public value by:
- Ensuring local people are skilled for employment
- Promoting equality and diversity
- Actively working with businesses to create partnerships and encourage apprenticeships and work placements for students
- Assisting local community-based projects and charities
- Working supportively with the local community.
- Working in partnership with schools and universities
- Delivering a syllabus suitable for local wants
- Opening facilities to the public which are managed by students
- Training Hairdressing facilities open to the public at discounted prices
- Promoting Apprenticeships, training, and recruitment
- Contributing to the economy as a major employer
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.