Somerset Skills & Learning
We help people make positive alter to their lives, through learning
We work across Somerset, supplying adult education, apprenticeships and traineeships. As well as offering abilities and qualifications, we also invest heavily in community projects to help disadvantaged groups to develop their lives through learning. We understand learning and development, and we share this understanding with our learners, partners and the employers that we work with. Somerset Skills & Learning was graded ‘Good’ by OFSTED at our last inspection.
What we do
- Annually, we supply learning occasions to over 6,000 learners across Somerset and beyond.
- We lead the Community Learning Partnership for Somerset, supplying grants to enable learning in the community for over 40 several community groups every year deliver over 70 projects.
- We work with over 250 employers to assist the abilities and economic needs of Somerset.
- We supply back to work and employability training for young people and adults.
- We work with schools and family centers to deliver a diversity of family learning opportunities.
- We offer a diversity of short courses and workshops for wellbeing and enjoyment
Where are we?
We have centres in Bridgwater, Frome, Taunton, Shepton Mallet and Yeovil. We also deliver training in a diversity of other partner locations across Somerset and offer many courses as distance learning.
Why Choose SS&L
Our facilities make a great place to study, with modern and up-to-date classrooms, combined with the latest technology at your fingertips in small and accessible venues. People choose us because we are so several from a college – no sprawling campuses but small learning centers close to you, most with easy nearby parking and all hosting kitchen facilities offering free refreshments. We have a diversity of age groups represented in our classes and our experienced and professional tutors are totally committed to helping you succeed your learning aims – whether you’re seventeen or seventy! We are a community interest firm which means any profit we make is used to develop the learner experience. By choosing us you are investing in your community. That’s why over 87% of students would recommend us to friends and family*