We are a wide further education college in Hertfordshire with campuses in Welwyn Garden City and St Albans, and a further training provision in Borehamwood. We are proud to successfully ensure 7,500 students and look forward to welcoming you. Originally founded in 1920, our St Albans Campus opened its doors to First World War ex-servicemen under the Officers’ Agricultural Training Scheme and to the Women’s Land Army members. Since then, the college has improved a large range of learning occasions, offering courses across a diverse range of subjects at different levels. There are approximately 1,500 full- and part-time courses offered to around 10,000 students who come from a large variety of regions. These courses range from vocational courses with strong links to employers through to elite sports, the arts, and a large variety of A Levels. We are also nationally recognized for our outstanding provision for learners with mild and severe learning difficulties.
- Skills and behaviors To equip students with the abilities and behaviors they will need to play a productive role in the economy and in their communities
- Curriculum A high-quality syllabus provision that meets the needs of students, employers, and key stakeholders
- People A motivated staff team with high aspirations for all and an unrelenting concentrates on the mission and values of the college
- Money A clear concentrates on financial sustainability to enable investment in our students and staff; now and in the future
- Partnerships Highly developed partnership working with key stakeholders which supports the development of the college and its communities