At Northampton College, you will develop your abilities and receive the very best education and state-of-the-art facilities. We are one of the leading colleges in the country and the leading supplier of further education in the South East Midlands. We are committed to ensuring excellence in further education and we strive to supply you reach your potential. In 2018 Ofsted rated us as ‘Good with outstanding features. Around 9,000 students choose to study with us and this number is growing. When you study at Northampton College you can hope to develop your academic, professional, technical, and employability abilities as well as your maths and English. Whether you are looking for a beginner’s course, a Level 2 or 3 course,s or a university-level program, we will have a course for you. We also offer a range of Apprenticeships and have strong links with a host of key local employers.
Parents and carers
We encourage you to be involved with your son or daughter’s education. Your support will make a tremendous difference to your child achieving their potential – we particularly want you to support their further progress in obtaining a GCSE at grade 9-4 (A*-C) in maths and English.
- High overall pass rates for 96% of students, coming out as the best college in the South East Midlands region for timely achievement at levels 1, 2, and 3.
- Data released as part of the latest 2018/19 National Achievement Rates Tables (NART) shows Northampton College is placed 7th out of almost 200 colleges for 16 to 18-year-old education and training, up from 11th in the previous year’s rankings.
- Performance in maths and English is also comfortably above the national average, with the college ranked in 13th position for maths and 18th position for English.
- We have state-of-the-art facilities at Booth Lane and Lower Mounts in Northampton and Daventry. A new multi-million pound Advanced Construction Engineering Centre at Booth Lane opened its doors in September 2019, and
- 8 out of 10 students are happy with their course
- 88% of employers would recommend a Northampton College apprentice
- We have received the Reading Agency’s Gold Award for seven successive years.Our mission is to enhance the lives of our students and other customers, maximizing their potential through learning.
As an inclusive general further education college, we are committed to serving our learners.
We will work:
- To raise ambitions and expectations
- To raise levels of knowledge and skills
- To improve employment
- To improve community cohesion.
We will achieve this vision through:
- The provision of education and training which meets the needs of students, other customers, and employers
- The consistent improvement of quality and student achievement
- Continuous improvement and development of resources and staff
- Be excellent in a competitive market
- Delivering the local industrial strategy.
Northampton College helps people to achieve their potential by:
- Respecting and helping each other
- Engaging people through teaching with expertise and enthusiasm
- Developing people through learning
- Bringing out the best in each other
- Playing a positive role in our community
- Our purpose is to ensure high-quality further education and training for Northamptonshire people and businesses. The College’s mission is to enhance the lives of our students, helping them to reach potential through learning and to create the leaders of tomorrow. Coming to college is not just about getting your qualifications, it’s about unlocking potential, realizing ambitions, and making a difference in our community. We employ around 500 permanent members of staff and a further 300 work on a flexible basis. Staff is given every occasion to develop their abilities and we are committed to supporting a professionally qualified and experienced workforce. We offer a wide range of full-time and part-time courses, many funded by the Education Funding Agency (ESFA). In addition, we offer a wide variety of Higher National Certificates and Diplomas (HNC/Ds). These qualifications are valued by employers and are designed to lead straight into a career in industry, or further study at university.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.