- MGTS is an educational charity that first began operating in Coventry in 1965. The Head Office on Gulson Road is now home to over 100 new engineering apprentices every year, as well as training delegates undertaking a large diversity of technical courses and abilities assessments.
- In 2011 MGTS worked in partnership with the UK Dairy industry on an initiative to both standardise and centralise a national approach to improving advanced apprenticeship maintenance engineers. The outcome was the creation of the EDEN Engineering Project at Reaseheath College in Nantwich, whereby MGTS train up to 50 engineering apprentices a year from within the food and drink industry.
- Expansion plans in 2013 resulted in a new MGTS Technical Centre in Redditch to meet growing market demand for engineering apprentice training within the Worcestershire and South Birmingham field.
- In 2017 the Redditch Technical Centre was re-located to larger premises after a £1.5 million investment. This involved a private and community sector collaboration, with MGTS investing £800,000 and both Worcestershire LEP and Greater Birmingham and Solihull LEP investing £350,000 each through the Government’s Growth Deals.
- July 2019 saw local MP Rachel Maclean officially open a dedicated Food & Drink Engineering Maintenance (FDEM) apprenticeship facility at the Redditch Technical Centre. This expansion will help the entire of the food and drink industry to recruit much required , highly talented engineers.
Address: 108 Gulson Rd
Email: [email protected]
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Maps failed to load
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.