London College of Fashion, University of the Arts London
University of the Arts London offers an extensive range of courses in art, design, fashion, communication, and performing arts. Our graduates go on to work in and shape the creative industries worldwide. UAL is ranked second in the world for Art and Design in the 2021 QS World University Rankings®. The University has a world-class reputation and is made up of 6 equally renowned Colleges: Camberwell College of Arts, Central Saint Martins, Chelsea College of Arts, London College of Communication, London College of Fashion, and Wimbledon College of Arts.
Kick-start your creative future at UAL
We have launched the careers of many creative and cultural leaders:
- Half the Turner Prize nominees and both winners in 2016 and 2017 were UAL alumni. UAL has produced over half of all Turner Prize winners since its inception in 1984.
- 36 of the 77 Royal Academicians are UAL alumni, serving or former staff.
- Over two-thirds of the winners of British Designer of the Year are UAL alumni. UAL alumni have taken home the award for the past 3 years managing (2015-2017).
- 14% (20) of the current Royal Designers for Industry are UAL alumni.
- Over half of the fashion designers that showed at London Fashion Week 2018 are UAL alumni.
- Other alumni have gone on to take home some of the industry’s most prestigious art and design awards involving the BP Portrait Award, Jerwood Prize, Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize, Queen Elizabeth II Award for British Design, Minerva Medal, BAFTAs, Golden Globes and Oscars.
What we offer to students
UAL offers courses ranging from fine art and 3D animation to graphic design and drama. Our students have access to state-of-the-art facilities, including workshops with letterpress machinery, studio theatres, and gallery space. Students can also make use of the University’s libraries and archives for research into hundreds of years of the greatest artists and designers. UAL’s inspiring teaching faculty is made up of professional artists, practitioners, designers, technicians, critics, and theorists, all on hand to deliver cutting-edge programs and courses. The University dominates when it comes to fashion education with 2 of the world’s top 4 undergraduate fashion courses taught at UAL Colleges according to the Business of Fashion (Bof) Rankings in 2017. UAL was rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in 2017 for our Foundation Diploma in Art and Design.
Everyone’s identity matters
UAL is home to a diverse body of 18,000 students from 130 countries. We are proud of our international student and staff community and we are committed to providing that the University offers an inclusive and supportive environment for everyone.
Leaders in creative information and education
In 2015 we launched an ambitious 7-year strategy with 4 key areas that will focus on ensuring UAL maintains its reputation as a world-class place of learning.
Learn more about our 4 strategic fields:
- Transformative Education
- World-leading Research and Enterprise
- Communication and Collaboration
- Building an Inspirational Environment