EastguidesWest is formed by two tour directors, Barnaby Davies and Sjannie Hulsman, who have worked in tourism for many years. We love to share hands-on information and experiences through training, consulting, and connecting tour operators and tour guides. Our concentrate is on unknown, underrated, and under-valued tourism destinations around the world. We connect local tour companies and tour guides to Western tour operators. building on an ever-expanding global database.
Our story: We paid $ 5,000 for our training. However, we got that back in just two tours. We believe in investing in yourself.
Our shared vision:
- Tour Guide Education should be accessible to all, specially for people in off-the-beaten-track and emerging destinations
- Sustainable Tourism Development and local employment supports the national tourism industry
- Cultural Understanding can only be bridged by local people
In addition to our team’s worldwide humanitarian efforts, EastguidesWest is also a Member of The Code. As an ethical and responsible tourism company, we are committed to protecting children from sexual exploitation.
Because it’s the right thing to do. Child sex tourism often takes place in hotels and uses other travel infrastructure. The UN estimates that there are 150 million girls and 73 million boys under the age of 18 who are victims of sexual exploitation. We have to try to tackle that and raise awareness.
We are implementing the following Six Criteria to our company practices:
- Founding policy and procedures
- Training Employees in children’s rights, the prevention of sexual exploitation, and how to report suspected cases
- Including a clause in contracts, stating a zero-tolerance policy
- Supplying knowledge to travellers • Supporting, collaborating and engaging stakeholders
- Reporting annually on our implementation of The Code
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.