East Durham College operates across three campuses, as well as supplying workforce development within individual workplaces across the area. In Peterlee, the College re-located in 2009 into an exciting £36 million new build development. Needless to say, the blend is one of the most modern educational facilities in the area and one which staff, students, and the public at wide are justifiably proud of. Along with its specially designed state-of-the-art classrooms and work areas, the College also showcases a 500 seater sports arena and the area’s only dedicated experts theatre. Click here to see more details on our great facilities at the Peterlee Campus.
The College’s Mission, Values & Goals
Our Mission Statement: “Our Mission is to connect people to occasions”
East Durham College provides access to education for all, with pathways through stages of learning across a broad offer and with close alignment to employment opportunities in the North East region. The college aspires to contribute significantly to abilities development and innovation in our region, to promote economic growth, and address social and health challenges in our community.
- We will always have students at the heart of our decision-making
- Provision of the highest quality over a broad range of inclusive provision which allows our students to thrive
- Promoting a respectful culture, providing a diverse working environment with a concentrate on honesty, integrity, and inclusivity
- Ensuring both economic and environmentally sustainable provision for our present and future community
Our Objectives & Long Term Goals
- Design, deliver and recruit with integrity to high-quality progression pathways to meet regional economic abilities want
- Develop and implement our workforce development strategy
- Achieve and celebrate excellence in all our activities
- Maintain very high levels of student satisfaction
- We will continue to grow our income and maintain our financial health
- Continue to collaborate to support, develop and extend the regional educational abilities offer to meet community and employers’ wants. We will proactively work with partners to increase the participation of young people in learning while addressing persistent high rates of NEETs among some cohorts
- Further, develop our position as a brand leader in our key markets
- Continue to mobilize our student body to take positive action to support their community
- Supply sustainable, world-class facilities and resources for our students, customers, employer partners, and staff to support our growth
- Review our workflow practices in key support areas to improve our efficiency and reduce our carbon footprint
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.