Founded in 2013, Coleg Cambria has rapidly established itself as a leading UK education provider. One of the broadest colleges in the UK, the college has approximately 6,000 full-time students, 20,000 part-time learners, and many international links. Across its 7 sites (including one at Airbus’ manufacturing facility, and one at HMP Berwyn in Wrexham) Coleg Cambria offers a vast array of full-time and part-time courses including A Levels, GCSEs, BTECs, Welsh for Adults, and Higher Education. The college also works in partnership with over 1,000 employers locally and nationally to deliver apprenticeship and traineeship occasions.
Our inspirational vision of the future…
“Exceeding expectations through education, innovation, and inspiration.”
Our overriding priority is to continue to deliver excellent teaching and learning, in order to stretch, challenge, and inspire all learners to explore and achieve to their whole potential. This is essential as Cambria’s role becomes ever more significant for our communities and our economy.
In consultation with staff across college sites, we created our set of values through shared beliefs. We are working together to found how we all want to be treated and we want values that will have a positive effect on the culture of the college.
- Showing honesty and integrity – Transparent, open, and honest communication that provides clarity creates trust and positive working relationships and recognizes that everyone has an equal voice.
- Respected & being valued – Everyone matters. Their contributions and efforts are recognized and appreciated.
- Being kind and supportive – Mindful of others, approachable, and prepared to share best practices and support. A positive force, creating a culture of encouragement.
- Working with others – To create a collaborative approach to problem-solving and improvement by sharing good practices. Supporting one another to succeed and bring about a positive development for the college and its partners.
- Feeling equal and inclusive – Make people feel valued by creating a sense of belonging, developing occasions for all, and promoting and valuing diversity.
- Being a community – Building bridges so we connect within and with our local communities to collaborate on our shared interests, actively contributing to the economic, societal, and environmental sustainability of our local communities.
- Being excellent and inspirational – Showcase and develop the information and abilities of our people to inspire others and strive for excellence.
- Encourage and motivate to develop – Support people to realize their potential by breaking down barriers and creating occasions.
- Being passionate – Caring deeply about our work and being driven by our mission to push the limits and succeed, inspiring the same in others.
- Being innovative – Create occasions and improve ways of working by harnessing people’s creativity. Innovate and adopt new solutions and ideas without fear. Embracing alter to do things better in an altering world.