Chartered Quality Institute
Championing excellence in product, service, and organizational performance. The CQI is the professional body for specialists in developing the product, project, and service quality. For more than 100 years, we’ve been championing organizational excellence by setting professional standards for quality management in the UK and globally. With 18,000 members in 100 countries, we are the partner of choice for quality management practitioners and, through our International Register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA) certification, for systems audit professionals. We’re the only body that can award Chartered Quality Professional status. And our independence, global perspective, and cross-sector outlook make us trusted advisors to the UK and international Quality communities, industry, and practitioners.
Our Royal Charter
The CQI was granted Royal Charter in 2006, having demonstrated pre-eminence, public interest, stability, and permanence. This was followed in 2007 by the power to confer individual Chartered status for quality management professionals. Our Charter and Bye-laws constitute our governing document, setting out our charitable aim our powers, and how we are constituted. To amend our Charter, we need approval from our individual corporate members, as well as approval from the Privy Council and endorsement from the Charity Commission.
As a registered charity with a Royal Charter, our mission is to champion quality management for the benefit of society.
Ever since we were established in 1919 as a technical inspection association, we’ve stayed true to the same fundamental mission: to improve the skill of organizations to deliver the very best for consumers and stakeholders. We’re committed to developing and championing ways of improving the value of products, projects, and services. This value helps organizations to be more competitive and achieve better results. It also contributes to a better quality of life for society.
Our vision is a world in which organizations of all types and sizes thrive by supplying outstanding value for customers, stakeholders, and society.
The CQI will play a key part in achieving this through:
- Collaboration – by working with business leaders, managers, and experts to adopt quality approaches that meet stakeholder wants and create a competitive advantage
- Promotion – by championing quality management as an evidence-based, outcomes-driven profession, recognized for helping organizations to learn, develop and prosper
- Leadership – by growing the CQI into a leading global body for quality and auditing professionals, and supporting this community to perpetually improve, share expertise, and shape the future
- Inclusion – we respect and value everyone, support each other to do our best, and collaborate to make a difference in society
- Integrity – We act ethically, make decisions in the best interests of our stakeholders, and take ownership of our actions
- Innovation – we invite new ways of thinking that challenge the status quo, help us to remain relevant, and ensure we continuously improve