Cardinal Hume Catholic School
The Aims and Values of our school are:
- To develop in students information of the Catholic faith and respect for the spiritual and moral values intrinsic to it.
- To enable all students to improve as entirely as possible in all aspects of their school life.
- To help students develop lively, enquiring minds and the ability to question and argue rationally, and the flexibility to cope with the demands of a blend fast-altering modern society.
- To prepare students for adult life and fit them for productive roles at work, in the community, at home, and at leisure by providing them with the necessary knowledge, concepts, abilities, and attitudes.
- To help students communicate by using language and numbers effectively.
- To help students understand the physical world in which they live.
- To help students appreciate the interdependence of individuals, groups, and nations and provide them with basic social, economic, and political awareness.
- To help students develop their aesthetic appreciation by introducing them to a large variety of experiences.
- To provide society with young adults with the knowledge, concepts, skills, and attitudes it wants.
- To provide students with the knowledge to keep themselves fit and healthy.
- To develop high standards of behavior, good manners, and to show the students the need for these.
- To help students gain external qualifications commensurate with their ability.
- To provide students with the knowledge, concepts, skills, and attitudes necessary for further learning.
- To develop and sustain high academic standards.
Mission StatementThe mission of Cardinal Hume School is to develop each member of the school community so that everyone involved can reach her/his entire potential in the light of the teaching of Christ and the values portrayed in the Gospels.