Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (Acas)
We’re Acas, the Advisory, Conciliation, and Arbitration Service. We work with millions of employers and employees every year to develop workplace relationships. We’re an independent public body that receives funding from the government.
Acas is an independent public body that receives funding from the government.
We supply free and impartial advice to employers, employees, and their representatives on:
- employment rights
- best practice and policies
- resolving workplace conflict
When things go wrong, we help to resolve workplace disputes between employers and employees.
Purpose and values
Our goal is to make working life better for everyone in Britain.
Our values help us to achieve this. We believe:
- our customer’s matter – we listen to their wants so we can ensure a good service
- our future matters – we maintain to develop as individuals and as an organization
- our people matter – everyone in our organization helps us achievement
- our work matters – we want to make a difference in the world of work
By 2025, we goal to:
- grow our reach and access
- resolve disputes more rapidly and effectively
- forge consensus on the future of work
- embrace difference, increase inclusion, and create fairness
Our strategy ‘Making working life better for everyone in Britain’ explains how we plan to succed our ambitions by 2025.