What You Will Learn :
- You will know the main differences between primary and secondary schools
- At the same time as a young person is moving to secondary school, they are often starting to go through puberty. You will learn about the physical, emotional, and social effects of puberty.
- You will learn about supporting the needs of pupils and their families when moving between educational settings.
Secondary school and know how best to support children at this time. Learn about key transition difficulties and how to alleviate fear and teach resilience.
- Location: Online course
- Course Access: 12 Months
- Go at your own pace.
- There are no time limits for this course.
- This course is compatible with all modern devices and browsers.
- On completion of the course, you will be awarded a certificate.
- We are here to help if you have any problems.
Advantages of the Course
- If you work at a primary school, you know how to prepare pupils for the move and set expectations. If you work at a secondary school, you will know how best to prepare for the new pupils and settle them into the new learning environment. This course will also be useful for parents and carers of children who are anxious about the transition.
- The term transition can also to a pupil transitioning to a new gender identity. This course offers advice and guidance on how to support a pupil at this time and meet their needs.
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on your learning
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
On completion of the course you will be awarded a certificate.
Who is this course for?
Anybody who has a desire to learn more about this subject is encouraged to do this course. The course has no entry requirements.