What You Will Learn :
- Understand the phases of change and what to expect in each phase
- Identify the common reactions to change and strategies to best handle each type of reaction
- Involve team members in the change initiative by promoting their understanding and ownership of the change and its benefits
- Ensure that you have addressed team member concerns, questions and reactions to change
Change is inevitable in business. Reliable leadership change management ensures the success of your team during difficult transitions and helps team members adjust and remain committed. But, how do you keep your team members focused on performance amidst the distractions of complex change initiatives? As a team leader, you must effectively manage organizational change by handling the emotions, fear, and anxiety that accompany it and encouraging your team members to support new initiatives. Understanding the three phases of change– resistance, exploration, and acceptance – allows you to more clearly communicate transformations and help your team members embrace change. Vital Learning’s Supporting Change™ is a management training course that equips supervisors, team leaders, and managers with the tools to understand and interpret change so they can more successfully guide their teams through it. By working to support change while addressing the team’s comfort level with it, team leaders will more effectively manage organizational change and facilitate the acceptance of new processes and procedures.
- Open: Provide background and information about the change
- Clarify: Detail how the change will affect the team member
- Seek/Share: Solicit questions, concerns, and reactions to the change
- Agree: Agree on support and resources required to implement the change
- Close: Summarize and express appreciation for the team member’s help to support the changeDelivery methodsVital Learning’s “Supporting Change” course for managers is available in the following formats:
- A self-paced, 1-hour online course
- A 4-hour facilitated session.
- We can provide an experienced facilitator, or you can facilitate in-house
- “Blended Classroom”
- The 1-hour online course, followed up with an abbreviated in-person instructor-led session
- “Blended VILT”
- The 1-hour online course, followed up with a 90-minute virtual instructor-led session
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at supervisors, team leaders, and managers.