What You Will Learn :
- Checking requirements against quality criteria
- Identifying and resolving requirements conflicts
- Applicability to linear and Agile development
- Change through collaboration and iteration
Requirements Engineering is an essential business analysis skill. Being able to pinpoint your consumers’ expectations for a newly introduced or modified existing product is key to the success of the completed solution.
Based around a Requirements Engineering framework, this course will teach you a range of techniques for elicitation, analysis, documentation, and managing requirements. All with the help of a detailed case study that allows you to practice applying the techniques you learn. Some of the key areas we’ll look at include requirements categorization, prioritization and documentation, traceability and management of changes to requirements, and use case modeling and stories.
Presented to you by one of the expert training consultants pictured below, each member of our Requirements Engineering training team brings their substantial experience of business analysis projects and application of the Requirements Engineering techniques to the program.
Topics covered include:
- The rationale for Requirements Engineering
- Stakeholders in Requirements Engineering
- Requirements planning and management
- Interviews and workshops
- Elicitation techniques
- Documenting the requirements
- Modelling the requirements
- Organising and categorising requirements
- Feasibility checking
- Prioritising requirements
- Reviewing the requirements
- Scenarios and prototyping
- Managing requirements
- Validating requirements
- Delivering the requirements