What You Will Learn :
- Service/supplier company personnel
- How to identify and quantify project risks and uncertainties
- Information systems managers and project leaders
- Identifying project cash flows and sources of information
- In order to complete the practical exercises, attendees should bring their own laptop ensuring that they have Microsoft Excel pre-installed. Prior knowledge of spreadsheets is required.
This Petroleum project economics and risk management course is a highly interactive training solution that introduces delegates to a structured approach in project investment appraisal, with a specific focus on the oil and gas industry.
The course covers a number of topics in the project appraisal and evaluation area of the petroleum industry, including:
- applying economic and risk management tools in oil and gas project proposals
- calculating the financial viability of risk-affected expenditure proposal projects
- evaluating the ranking of different projects
- preparing convincing project proposals that will win approval from management, partners and the government
- improving outcomes at both the project and business level
The course employs a large number of case studies, industry-specific scenarios and practical exercises in order to provide delegates with realistic situations within which to apply the skills learned.
Who is this course for?
This Petroleum project economics and risk management course is designed for delegates with little or no experience in project investment appraisal.
The figures who have attended recent editions of this course include:
Explorationists and petroleum/reservoir engineers
Asset managers, project managers and facilities engineers
Information systems managers and project leaders
Management accountants, finance and contracts specialists
Government and advisory executives
Service/supplier company personnel