- Candidates must have a relevant Bachelor degree or 5+ years of relevant work experience. They must also have proven English language capability and broadband Internet access.
The consistent shortage of professionals qualified in risk and safety management makes this comprehensive Master of Science (MSc) in Risk and Safety Management an ideal way to join a dynamic and growing industry.
The most comprehensive of the postgraduate qualifications offered by Risktec, the MSc requires students to complete 12 modules (120 credits) plus an academic project worth 60 credits. Delivered by highly experienced teachers and kept up-to-date with changing legislation, standards and industry standards, it is designed to develop your practical skills in:
- Justifying the use of risk assessment in relation to its drivers & objectives
- Selecting and evaluating a range of different risk management tools & techniques
- Developing solutions to real-life risk management issues
- Approaching risk management with a critical attitude
- Ensuring that risk is communicated effectively
In addition to developing your self-learning abilities, the highly topical mix of course subjects addressed in this distance learning qualification will help transform you into a skilled risk professional, demonstrating your commitment to the risk management profession.
Who is this course for?
The MSc in Risk and Safety Management is designed for anyone looking to implement practical risk management in major hazard industries including oil and gas, petrochemical, nuclear and mining. This may include:
Aspiring risk and safety management professionals looking to gain a formal qualification that improves their career prospects;
Professionals looking to move into the industry from related fields;
Existing risk practitioners seeking formal recognition of their hard-earned experience.