What You Will Learn :
- Develop leadership behaviours that will enable students to manage performance as well as lead change to improve overall organisational performance.
- Provide fascinating and relevant examples and exercises that illustrate these concepts with the intent of building students capability in strategic thinking and practice.
- Explore models and theories of strategy and their application by practicing managers in today’s world;
- Explore the key elements of the HR cycle resourcing, managing performance, developing and rewarding;
- A minimum of 2 years' relevant managerial experience (post undergraduate degree)
- Fluency in English (IELTS or TOEFL scores will be required for non-native speakers.)
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited institution
The MBA in Shipping & Logistics offers professionals the opportunity to develop and advance their careers towards senior management in the shipping and logistics industries. A joint venture between Lloyd’s Maritime Academy and Middlesex University London, the MBA has been designed together with maritime and logistics industry leaders, shipping executives, well-regarded academics and practitioners to deliver a program that is relevant and tailored to the industry.
The MBA in Shipping & Logistics is delivered entirely online, allowing candidates to complete the programme without travel and scheduled seminars. Candidates are free to design their own schedules and access cutting-edge online learning portals at any time and from anywhere.
Programme contents are designed to provide a careful balance of management theory and corresponding practical exercises in maritime industry-specific applications. Course materials vary from texts, audio/visual content, group interaction and networking opportunities.
Of the course of two years, the MBA will provide candidates with the opportunity to develop advanced skills related to the shipping and logistics aspects of the business. Candidates will be able to immerse themselves in a variety of topics, including:
- Ship finance
- Risk management
- Maritime economics & trade
- Maritime law
- Formulating business strategy
- Human resource management
- Executive leadership
- International marketing & brand establishment
- Logistics & supply chain management
- Project mastery & innovative practice