MA, Postgraduate Diploma or Postgraduate Certificate in Human Resource Management
What You Will Learn :
- Equip you with the specialist knowledge, skills and competence required to advance a career in HRM
- A core advantage of being able to study and work is that you have the chance to apply your learning in practice.
- Benefit from the supportive and nurturing team of HRM professionals who bring the subject to life and will develop your critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Provide you with the underpinning knowledge and understanding to support access to professional grades of CIPD membership including MCIPD and FCIPD
The overarching aim of the course is to develop the skills, knowledge and abilities of HR practitioners, enabling them to approach people management in a more strategic, professionalised and effective manner. Students will benefit from a theoretical understanding of the factors in the internal and external environment that shape HRM and will acquire the skills and knowledge to design, develop and embed HR strategies in a range of contemporary workplace settings.
This course will develop your knowledge and skills in core areas of human resource management (HRM) to help you start or further your career as a HR professional. The course will also enhance your expertise in professional activities related to employee resourcing, employee development, employment relations, and employment law. You will gain experience in practical problem solving informed by leading-edge theory and research.
- This course offers HR professionals the knowledge and practical skills to effectively manage contemporary HR issues and challenges
- The course is delivered by one of the largest and highly qualified HRM departments in the UK with a reputation for producing highly rated graduates with exceptional employability
- Previous companies to have sent students: DHL; NHS and Ford
- DMU is a CIPD approved center with a track record of delivering high-quality provision. The department has robust links with the CIPD at both local and national levels. The CIPD is the professional body for HR and people development. The not-for-profit organization champions better work and working lives and has been setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organizational development for more than 100 years. It has more than 135,000 members across the world, provides thought leadership through independent research on the world of work, and offers professional training and accreditation for those working in HR and learning and development.
Who is this course for?
HR managers/professionals/officers/administrators and all other HR titles
Chief People Officers
Directors of Employee Engagement
Chief& Human Capital& Officers
Chief HR Officers