What You Will Learn :
- Know the definition and traditional application of Kaizen
- Use Kaizen to attack cost, defects, cycle time, and other waste
- Understand the core concepts of lean, and how Kaizen projects help pave the way on the lean journey
- Study the Kaizen methodology, its steps and tools, and application techniques of Kaizen breakthrough events
This 1-day course merges the Lean and Kaizen philosophies to provide you with new knowledge and insights into tried-and-tested methodologies for reducing waste and continuously implementing best practices.
The course program blends lectures with discussion, class exercises, and report-back sessions to provide a highly practical overview of Lean Kaizen as an approach to implementing change and eliminating unnecessary waste. Key topics covered include:
- What is Kaizen and how is it traditionally applied?
- Using Kaizen to attack costs, cycle time, and other waste
- Kaizen methodology, steps, and tools
- Application techniques of Kaizen breakthrough events
- Forming Kaizen teams and developing Kaizen improvement projects
- Developing plans for lean transformation within the organization
ASQ also offers this course in an instructor-led virtual classroom setting, or as on-site training.
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone interested in improving processes and operational efficiencies by reducing cycle time and waste.