What You Will Learn :
- Design learning maps that guide yourself and others to peak performance outcomes.
- Learn to design meetings as learning and teaching platforms instead of information downloads.
- Create learning processes in group settings that lead to high-level learning and change.
- ExtenMotivate and inspire others to organizational/team goals and visiond your repertoire in developing and implementing presentations that maximize dynamic thinking and innovation, leading to engagement, creativity and accountability.
The true leader is a teacher.
As a leader, it’s not about what you can accomplish but how much you can cause others to accomplish. It’s not about how many people you oversee but how many leaders you can develop. This is the foundation of legacy leadership and organizational sustainability.
Our experiences since 1995 of working with teams and individuals bring us to the understanding that the most significant aspect of leadership is the ability to develop other leaders. One arena for teaching and developing others is the meeting platform, which is woefully misused much of the time. As former educators, we are skilled at teaching you how to develop your meeting agendas based on the big picture, the needs of the group and the outcomes you desire.
Through the years we defined, refined and re-defined the nature of workforce development and how to develop people and lead them to their maximum potential. We have witnessed leadership training devolve to an unwieldy number of assessments, projects, and an over-focus on information. The following are 5 of our top 25 observations that serve as the foundation of our “Leader as Teacher” program.
- Leaders are over-assessed and under-developed. In the absence of innovation, the same old information is re-packaged and called new.
- Assessments are useful tools for increasing information, but in and of themselves, do not create growth and change. This creates a disproportionate amount of training resources dedicated to basic thinking and gathering information.
- The true leader does not act out of his/her own inner needs but instead focuses on meeting the needs of the follower, thereby increasing trust, loyalty, dependability, and unity of purpose.
- Meetings are ineffective because the leader focuses the agenda almost entirely on basic level information, does not engage participants prior to the meeting, and does not have a plan for creating sustainable outcomes.
- The worth of a true leader is measured not by how many people he/she supervises, or how much work he/she produces, but by how many leaders she/he is capable of producing.
This workshop is available as a mini session, full-day session, or multi-day event, and can be customized to suit your needs. Please contact the provider for more information.
Who is this course for?
This workshop is for people that plan and facilitate meetings, who supervise others and those who would like to increase their skills in teaching and learning methodologies. It is for people who want to be influential in designing meetings that are meaningful and support organizational and team goals.