The Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental (QSE) Management System standards have undergone significant development for several years. Knowledge of applicable regulations, fundamental risk analysis and problem solving tools are key to achieve excellent performance and continuous improvement.
This training will help you:
- Build an integrated Management System to focus on Quality, Health & Safety and/or Environmental programs (combined or separately).
- Conduct proper incident investigations, including making sure that actions deal not only with the root causes but are also mistake proofed such that the probability of reoccurrence is minimized.
- Understand the elements of risk.
- How to set up adequate performance monitoring of the entire or components of a QSE program.
- Understand ISO and main QSE management system standards and their benefits. Understand the importance of legislation relating to safety and the environment. Get adequate knowledge and skill to frame policies and define processes around QSE management. Prepare for certification audits.
- How to conduct a proper employee interview to understand the company culture surrounding QSE.
What is a Management System?
The term “System” is often used improperly. To truly have a system means to have well defined interconnected procedures and processes which all share a common purpose. The idea of having a Management System is to truly define and identify all the components to make sure that the process runs smoothly.
What is ISO?
- ISO or the International Organization for Standardization is an independent, non-governmental, international organization that develops standards to ensure the quality, safety, and efficiency of products, services, and systems. ISO certification certifies that a management system, manufacturing process, service, or documentation procedure has all the requirements for standardization and quality assurance.
What is ISO 9001, 45001 and 14001
- ISO 9001 is defined as the international standard that specifies requirements for a quality management system (QMS).
- ISO 45001 is an International Standard that specifies requirements for an occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system, with guidance for its use, to enable an organization to proactively improve its OH&S performance in preventing injury and ill-health.
ISO 14001 Environmental Management System (EMS) is a systematic framework to manage the immediate and long term environmental impacts of an organization’s products, services and processes.