What You Will Learn :
- Learn to interact and communicate in a more professional and civil manner
- Reduce the instances of being misunderstood or misrepresented
- Learn communication skills that can prevent harassment or insensitivity before it begins
- Increase the employee's understanding of their responsibilities and expectations of behavior
Offended people’s perception is their reality! We address the words, tone, actions & behaviors that may come across as offensive. We improving how people come across to others.
Our common-sensed approach to sensitivity & harassment prevention training is different from other training providers. Instead of delivering what is really just a legally-focused anti-discrimination course and labeling it “sensitivity or harassment prevention training,” we actually identify & address the causes of insensitive, disrespectful or harassing behavior. Yes, we tackle the legal issues because they are important. But, they do little to actually change a manager’s or employee’s behavior or thinking.
We believe the vast majority of people don’t come to work looking to intentionally be insensitive, offensive or disrespectful. Something happens: they get angry; they open their mouth; their brain stops; and quite frankly, they say or do something stupid! We work with the learners to identify their communication and behavior styles – not just from their perspective – but more importantly, from the perception of their managers, employees, colleagues, co-workers & customers. They have to better understand how their actions or communications style may be perceived by others…in many cases, it’s not just what was said…it was how it was said. In our training, your learners will build action plans to enhance a more respectful and harassment-free workplace. When we are training managers, we especially emphasize they have to understand their responsibilities as role models to their employees and stewards of your organization’s reputation.
The training benefits & deliverables that our course provides are:
- Exceeds all employer training requirements for the new state of New York & New York City harassment prevention laws
- Help reinforce a culture of respect & respectful communication in the organization
- Prevent sexual harassment and hostile work environment harassment or discrimination in the workplace
- Enhance the respectful communication between co-workers, customers and clients
- Reinforce what you can and can’t say in the workplace
- Ensure respectful and professional behaviors are exhibited by all employees
- Increase awareness of how communication & behavior styles may be misinterpreted
- Improve productivity by providing a more comfortable & respectful working climate
- Become more aware of your personality and how it may be perceived by others
- Keep the workplace from becoming too informal where respectful boundaries are blurred
- Reduce the exposure to legal claims by documenting sensitivity & harassment prevention training
- Build stronger working relationships through improved communication & understanding
- Decrease turnover due to interpersonal conflicts and/or toxic workplace environment
- Establish the foundation for increased respect and understanding in the workplace