What You Will Learn :
- Identify the role and importance of finance within organisations
- Understand financial jargon and terminology
- Understand the 3 major accounting statements - P&L, Balance Sheet & Cash Flow
- Explore the difference between cash and profit.
Finance and accounting are full of jargon and complexity that make it difficult for those without a financial background to make sense of financial information, documents and reports. This course has been designed specifically to cut through the jargon and give a clear understanding of the fundamentals of business finance.
The course also provides:
- An intro to the tools used by the external market to assess financial performance including ratios such as ROCE, Gearing, Liquidity ratios
- An introduction to management accounting techniques, costing & budgeting
- Advice on managing risk in an organization.
Who is this course for?
The course is ideal for those who don't have a finance background but have some responsibility for finance within their organisation or are likely to do so, such as those who are on a management development programme:
General Managers / Directors
Operations Managers / Directors
Sales Managers / Directors
Marketing managers / Directors
Office / Practice Managers
IT Managers / Firectors
Facilities / Logistics Managers
HR Managers / Directors