What You Will Learn :
- CCN provides participants with a framework (planner) to help them develop strategies for addressing the most challenging barriers they will face when negotiating with people from different cultures.
- Participants get data and insights about cultural differences between them and the people they are negotiating with and their implications for upcoming negotiations.
The basis of successful international negotiations begins with an understanding that negotiations are a conversation aimed at reaching an agreement and different cultures reach agreements in different ways. Cross-Cultural Negotiation™ (CCN) provides participants with practical insights and equips them with skills, tools, and behaviors to have those conversations.
THE HIDDEN CHALLENGE
Negotiations can be tricky. Cross cultural negotiations present an entirely different challenge, one with countless pitfalls and potential faux-pas. When it comes to negotiating across borders and cultures, do you find your people…
- Make assumptions based on stereotypes of different nationalities?
- Spend enough time on effective scenario planning and preparation?
- Understand who the players are and their roles/influence?
- Know how decisions get made?
- Know the proper way to communicate (direct vs. indirect)
- Understand the other parties sensitivity to time?