What You Will Learn :
- Analyse an industrial plant/installation to determine expected physical effects in the event of an incident
- Evaluate, by applying physical effects modelling techniques, how these physical effects affect people and plant
- Justify which of the available modelling techniques/software is appropriate to analyse physical effects in different circumstances, whilst understanding the limitations of these techniques
Developed by practitioners for practitioners, TÜV Rheinland Risktec CPDs in Risk and Safety Management is designed to help risk and safety professionals certify their skills and prove their commitment to the industry.
The course is delivered entirely by distance learning, giving learners the opportunity to study part-time and to plan their studies around their professional and personal commitments. Risktec offers a choice of 23 different CPD topics, and each course lasts 8 weeks.
And the course consists of the following topics:
- What are physical effects and why model them?
- Source term release and discharge calculation
- Dispersion analysis
- Fire modeling
- Explosion modeling
- Subsea releases/dispersion
- Human and plant vulnerability to physical effects
- Commercial and public domain software tools