What You Will Learn :
- Prioritise and manage expectations in others
- Define assertive versus aggressive behaviour
- Explain people behaviour & emotional drivers
- Apply powerful communication skills when dealing with difficult situations
Delegates will learn how to understand conflict management and dealing with difficult situations as well as the main elements which encompass this complex area of personal and professional development. The content is suitable for anyone wishing to understand their and others’ behavior during stressful and conflict-related issues. New strategies and techniques will help them to gain a better understanding of how to manage conflict and the whole area of conflict management within themselves and with others.
Training Course Content
- Communication and behaviour
- The anger cycle
- Conflict management style inventory
- The 5 warning signs of aggressive behaviour
- The effect and emotion of anger
- Personal communication style indicator
- Handling conflict using various methods
- Dealing with conflict instrument ~ Kilmann
- The Mount Anger model
- Strategies for effective conflict communication
- The traffic light model for situational assessment
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at anyone who has not received any formal tuition in how to handle difficult people and scenarios or those in need of a refresher in how to diffuse and manage potential conflict.