What You Will Learn :
- Plan an effective meeting and share it in your group for critique
- Guidelines for effective meetings
Highly interactive, skill-based, and evidence-based learning workshop incorporates all elements of the Knowles Adult Learning Model, including many of the following elements: Class discussion, Visual (slides, video, flip chart/whiteboard), Object demonstration, Academic research results, Small group discussion, Socratic Questioning, Simulation – Experiential, Humor, Case studies, Self-assessment, Self-reflection workbook exercises, Lecture. Eligible for CEU credit from the University of Oklahoma.
- Case study: Who called this meeting anyway?
- Class discussion: What types of meetings do you attend?
- Self-assessment: Rate your meetings
- Class discussion: Guidelines for effective meetings
- Class discussion: Agenda and minutes – purpose and best practices
- Small group exercise: Plan an effective meeting and share it in your group for critique
- Self-reflection: find the one thing you can do differently at work that will improve your leadership skills the most
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for leaders, managers and supervisors.