What You Will Learn :
- Identify team member performance issues.
- Address team member performance issues quickly to improve individual performance and increase individual and team productivity.
- Determine when to train new skills and when to coach existing skills.
- Use the Training New Skills and Coaching Existing Skills Skill Points to plan and conduct a meeting with your team member.
Coaching job skills doesn’t just entail showing your employees how to do something; it involves observing, analyzing, demonstrating and providing feedback. In this leadership development course, you’ll explore the proactive process of developing relationships with your team members.
Vital Learning’s Coaching Job Skills is a management training course that teaches supervisors, team leaders and managers how to successfully coach team members in their jobs, as well as how to widen the breadth of team members’ skill sets.
- Open: Briefly describe the team member’s performance problem
- Clarify: Ask for the team member’s help in solving the performance problem
- Seek/Share: Discuss the causes of the problem and seek solutions
- Agree: Agree on specific actions to improve performance
- Close: Express your confidence in the team member’s ability to solve the performance problem
Who is this course for?
This course was designed for supervisors, team leaders and managers.