What You Will Learn :
- Recognise key fashion, media and creative industries entrepreneurs
- Acquire an introductory understanding of ethical business considerations related to the fashion and the creative industries
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of how to work toward starting a new fashion, media or creative industries business
- Identify the key elements of a good business model, identify opportunities, recognise a target market and write a business plan
- Students must be aged at least 16 years old on 31st August at the start of the academic year in which they intend to join this course.
- There are no formal English language requirements for this course
- We recommend you have an Academic IELTS score of 5.5 or be able to use English at this level before commencing your studies.
This online short course is designed for anyone with an interest in starting their own business in the fashion, media, and/or creative industries. Perfect for those wishing to explore what is involved in developing new business ideas and understanding the current marketplace that a new business will fit into and how to identify and engage with a select target audience.
The course provides an introduction to fashion, media, and creative industries key market trends, business models, types of business, innovation, entrepreneurship traits and in particular introduce the importance of how to develop a clear business model. You will also learn; how to recognize opportunities and research the potential of a business idea, who the main competitors of that business might be, how to develop an elevator pitch and how to write an effective business plan.
Every week there will be a range of activities for you to complete.
Upon successful completion of the course you will have gained:
- broad introductory knowledge of business innovation,
- how to research the potential of a new business idea,
- start a fashion business,
- how to write a good business plan,
- how to recognize and target a chosen audience,
- pitching and selling a business idea.
This course will act as a good stepping stone to other Condé Nast courses at higher levels.
Why choose this course?
The Conde Nast College has unrivalled access to the best and brightest minds in the industry, including the teams at Vogue, Wired, Glamour, GQ and a host of other Condé Nast titles.The College is in the elevated position of being able to combine academic excellence with unrivalled links to the fashion and media industry. This creates a unique educational environment for students to thrive in.
Who is this course for?
This course has no academic prerequisites. It’s designed for anyone wishing to broaden their knowledge of how fashion is communicated and those wanting to explore an exciting and innovative way of learning from academics and experts from within the fashion industry.