Highly interactive, skill-based, and evidence-based learning workshop incorporates all elements of the Knowles Adult Learning Model, including many of the following elements: Class discussion, Visual (slides, video, flip chart/whiteboard), Object demonstration, Academic research results, Small group discussion, Socratic Questioning, Simulation – Experiential, Humor, Case studies, Self-assessment, Self-reflection workbook exercises, Lecture.
- Class Discussion: What actions do great leaders take?
- Slides/Lecture: The “balcony” is a useful metaphor for a highly effective style of leadership
- Class Discussion: Do 20thcentury leadership practices work now?
- Slides/Lecture: The three core elements of a highly effective team
- Small-Group Discussion: In which team element is your team strongest? Weakest? How can your team become more effective?
- Class Discussion: As a “balcony” leader, what is your product?
- Self-assessment: Diagnostic questions
- Academic Research: the Five Leadership Roles
- Slides/Lecture: Defining the Five Leadership Roles
- Small-Group Discussion: What is the ideal balance of the Five Leadership Roles
- Class Discussion: Conclusion – what will you use in your daily leadership practices?
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for leaders, managers and supervisors.