What You Will Learn :
- Consider the role of personality tendencies and communication style in your ability to actively listen.
- Understand the communication model and the barriers that impede our listening.
- Set goals to establish lasting improvements in your ability to actively listen.
- Consider the differences between neutral communication and “high-stakes” communication.
Active listening requires a special skill set along with a knowledge of advanced interpersonal skills. The Active Listening workshop is designed teach participants the critical communication principles that are required to be successful active listeners.
During this course participants will have the opportunity to practice active listening and acquire the following skills:
- An understanding of others’ communication styles
- The ability to minimize pre-judgment and shut out the noise
- Have clarity around the communication goal
*This course can be offered virtually.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for Managerial, Supervisory, or Technical Leadership.