What You Will Learn :
- The elements that make up a good absence management policy and how to ensure that it is implemented in a consistent way.
- The most common reasons for both short-term and long-term absences and how the causes of absence vary by sector.
- What is meant by employee absence, the financial costs of absence and why it is imperative that all businesses think carefully about how to handle it.
- How to prevent absence by improving working conditions, raising morale and offering effective incentives.
Occasional employee absence is unavoidable, but frequent absence comes at a considerable cost to an organization. Absent employees cost their employers money and time and repeated absences can lower morale. A team will feel discouraged if one or more of their members are often away from work and this can lead to resentment and tension in the workplace. Ultimately, persistent employee absence has a detrimental effect on profits and can damage valuable relationships between a business and its clients. Therefore, all organizations need to take a proactive approach when it comes to absence management and prevention. Fortunately, you can reduce absenteeism by understanding the underlying causes and taking practical steps to reduce it. In this course, you will learn why employees may be absent from work, how to handle instances of absence, how to help those with genuine reasons for absence return to the workplace, and how to discipline employees who are absent without good cause. You will discover how to strike a balance between supporting the needs of your organization and promoting the health and wellbeing of its employees.
Benefits Of Taking This Course:
- If you are in a management role, this course will give you the confidence to talk to employees about absence and to implement absence policies.
- If you are responsible for drawing up absence policies, this course will help you devise fair, effective procedures that promote a healthy workplace.
- If you own a business or are the head of an organization, this course will encourage you to examine your workplace culture and understand how it may foster a culture of absenteeism.
- You will gain practical insights into measures that reduce employee absence, which will allow you to immediately start tackling the problem in your own organization.
- Who can take the course? Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
- What is the structure of the course? The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
- Where / when can I study the course? You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web-based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices, and smartphones so you can even study while on the move!
- Is there a test at the end of the course? Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple-choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken at a time and location of your choosing.
- What is the pass mark for the final test? The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test the first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included in the price of the course.
- When will I receive my certificate? Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
- How long does it take to complete the course? We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end-of-course test.
Who is this course for?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course